The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jon G, frogfarmer, Cletus1950, Wally / Montana, greenie-reddy), 152 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47852 07/18/2005 9:33 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 78
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 78
I have a 1954 3100 that is leaking trans fluid into the rearend. I was going to buy the parts and bushing puller from a vender only to find the puller is not available from any one that I could find. My question. Is this a special puller or will I find one at a rental yard? I really do not want to pull the whole rearend and take the drive shaft apart. Any thoughts or help would be great.
Thanks
Steve :confused:

#47853 07/19/2005 1:07 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 637
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 637
A standard slide hammer with a bolt head ground a bit to fit between the driveshaft and bushing has worked for me. Reinstallation is easy, block of wood and hammer.

#47854 07/19/2005 6:02 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 204
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 204
hourhand,

I found the easiest way was to get the puller. You can find one directly from the manufacturer here..

http://www.vapinc.com/

do a search on
part#V-100
Driveline Bushing Puller

Or if you have problems I am willing to part with mine for a little cheaper.

good luck!

#47855 07/19/2005 6:47 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 78
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 78
Chev235,
Thanks I tried Vintage Auto Parts they are out with none on order.
Steve


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0