The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rusty Rod), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#478177 12/04/2008 4:25 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 128
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 128
Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of info.. On the AD trucks whats the hole size in the dash for the dual round gages? And how far apart are the 2 holes?

Any one have a bare dash they could measure?

Thanks

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 293
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 293
On my '49, the gauge holes are 5-1/4 inches in diameter and 6-13/16 center-to-center.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 687
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 687
I am not sure what you are asking. If you are adding aftermarket guages to your dash, the diam. of the guage is in the installation pkg. you get with the guage set. For me an under dash setup is the way to go, but I like to keep the dash as near origional as possible. If you are building a street rod or somthing custom then I see your need for guage size.


I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, you can't prove anything! "Bart Simpson"
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 610
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 610
I had some metal rings cut out so I could install a 5" AutoMeter Tachometer and Speedometer in my 52. 5-1/4 is correct. I had the rings machined with an outer diameter of 5-3/16 so that there would be the proper amount of gap to weld them in. They worked perfectly.

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=467155#Post467155


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0