| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Nhluvstruck, 32Fordpuchoptop, Bill Hanlon, DHedrick, Ponchogl, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible),
125
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,283 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 59 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 59 | To address the issues of drum brakes, semi-obsolete parts, old brake boosters, no power steering, speed limitations, etc has anyone gone the route of taking an existing medium duty chassis and swapping there old sheet metal on it?
I have that 1957 LCF and I had planned on swapping a modern engine and transmission in it but starting to think about it I may be better off just building new body mounts for an existing chassis and mount the 1957 cab and front clip on a newer chassis. Medium duty trucks around farm country are all over the place and prices seem to be reasonable. I have not gone as far as measuring frames, wheel positions, etc but think that might be the next step.
I would love to hear your experiences if you have tried or completed a swap.
Ryan | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | The only problem I see with this plan is that you would most likely find that the front axle is way too wide and would need to be narrowed so the front wheels are in the fenders. other than that I think it would save a lot of work for sure.
| | |
| |
| |