The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jon G, frogfarmer, Cletus1950, Wally / Montana, greenie-reddy), 152 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 363
4
Member
Member
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 363
I know we have a couple of hydraulics guys out there. Any ideas on hooking up a later model hydroboost system if I'm not going to put power steering in?

Here's the normal installation

PS pump high pressure to HydroBoost
HB high pressure to Steering Gear
HB low pressure to PS pump
SG low pressure to PS pump

special pumps are used that have two return lines

Can I send the HB high pressure output through hydraulic hose that is double clamped to return it to the pump through the second return nipple? Is there a valve I can use to lower the pressure and return it to the pump. Should I have a high pressure fitting welded into the PS pump resevoir to return the HP output from the hydroboost unit?

Thanks,
Chris

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
We used to run step vans that had Hydro-boost without power-steering. You just run a pressure hose & return hose & block off the remaining outlets. smile


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 363
4
Member
Member
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 363
WbR,

The manual I have says that hydrboost was available without power steering, do I plug the HP out of the hydroboost or just run it back to the pump?

Paul at hydroboost says I have to mimic a power steering gear to drop the pressure from 1500 to 100 with some sort of valves.

Chris

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
He probably knows more than I do but we had a bunch of them back in the mid 70s. The pressure hose went in & returned by the return hose. The amount of pressure depends on boost requirement.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0