The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Swami29, Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, Youngin' Tut 59), 143 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 46
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 46
i guess after several conversations with people on here I am re thinking the plan of attack for my 48 chevy half ton and am going to consider the chasis engineering bolt on mustang 2 suspension. I need to decide if I am going to use the stock mustang 2 spindles or go with the 2 inch dropped units. If anyone has used the kit or can provide any info it will greatly be appreciated.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
I used the TCI setup and prefer the welded in unit,however thats personal preference. As far as the dropped spindles ,it all depends on what you want the end result to be.I used dropped spindles and I like the lowered frontend. I also used a TCI kit to lower the rearend,but then again thats personal preference.If you want to maintain the stock look ,go with the regular spindles.

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 20
W
Apprentice
Apprentice
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 20
I used a TCI Must II IFS w/dropped spindles. It sat too low.
I now use stock spindles with 1/2 a coil cut.

Don


Don Meyer - Mech Engr(retired)
48 GMV
66 RR
64 Corvair
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 20
W
Apprentice
Apprentice
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 20
I used a TCI Must II IFS w/dropped spindles. It sat too low.
I now use stock spindles with 1/2 a coil cut.

Don


Don Meyer - Mech Engr(retired)
48 GMV
66 RR
64 Corvair

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0