The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, R&S 51 GMC, KEVINSKI, Bill Hanlon, Swami29, Phak1), 100 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,339
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46111 06/09/2005 1:36 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 7
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 7
I had a mechanic tell me yesterday that it would be a easy conversion to install my 58 shortbox on a short bed chevy frame, like say a 78, 79 or so, is this true? if so, what else would be involved here that i am not seeing?

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
Money, unless you can do it yourself. Driving down the road sideways unless its done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 314
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 314
wesb,

I'm doing a similar project. Putting a 57 panel on a 77 K5 blazer frame. I would hesitate to say "easy" but with enough time, money, and sweat anything is possible.


IRWIPI 2005 Peoples Choice
Inky,
"It's not that I haven't done IT... It's that I haven't done IT yet."

--------------------
'48 1-1/2 ton Dump
'57 Chevy Panel
'59 Chevy 2 ton Dump
#46114 06/10/2005 12:00 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 47
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 47
I know someone who put a 49 cab onto an 89 Chevy 4x4 frame. It didn't cost him too much money, but it took a lot of work.

The main thing is to first make sure that the wheels will be centered in the wheel wells, unless you're going with a flatbed.


1957 Chevy Stepside
1993 GMC Sonoma

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0