The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, Peggy M, klhansen), 85 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,390
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#460587 10/11/2008 10:04 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
Just spent about 3 hrs on ea door. Mine are not yet painted. Loosened the bolts and used little wooden wedges to move the door front to back. Also repeated this at the top and sides. Finally got it looking pretty decent. Drilled small holes & installed registration pins (split spring type pin) front & side area of hinge. One slight difference! Exterior drivers side door to cowl area of body seems to show a wider gap. Since I plan to paint the interior, original champagne, I wonder if the interior paint will show through from the outside or will the rubber cover the space?

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
Your exterior color needs to go inside the jamb a little bit- I don't have my truck right here to look at it, but I remember there is a good line to follow and mask off- it's where the the cab shell (if you will) wraps into the door jamb. If you do this, the rubber will no doubt hide all.

Last edited by oldcarandtrucknut; 11/09/2008 2:25 PM.
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
Thanks oldcarandtrucknut makes sense, I masked & painted to the jamb yesterday, looks good.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
I marked out the dividing line for someone a couple of weeks ago Vick. This truck was painted over with what looks like red spray cans but the original interior and exterior color shows through in enough places to clearly see it. I think there are five pictures that show it on this page of my album: http://community.webshots.com/album/555161678EhIoCb?start=612

This is a 1950, 3604 by the way.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
Thanks Denny, great photos.
I'm not sure when the exterior will be painted, as I'm in the process of welding,repairing,&fitting fenders, hoods first.
When it comes time to paint & align the interior & exterior colors, this info will really help alot.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0