| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (3B, 55shaker, Gdads51),
103
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,367 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#45678 06/01/2005 9:23 PM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2 | Can someone give me some information on the best/easiest way to change-out the rear-end gears or a compltete rear-end swap on my 53 3/4 ton. I would like to install gearing that is more user friendly on the highway. So far the only info I have came up with pertains to 1/2 tons. Thanks, Mike | | |
#45679 06/01/2005 11:07 PM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 345 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 345 | Mike, I'm going through this right now. If you run a search here in the bulletin board under "Differential Swap' or "rear end" or something similar, you will find multiple threads discussing exactly this topic. If you have any specific questions I'll fill you in on what I've found so far. | | |
#45680 06/02/2005 1:58 AM | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 | search here for Eaton - that should bring up plenty of info.  | | |
#45681 06/06/2005 10:50 PM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 9 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 9 | I put a GM "corporate" 14 bolt from a 74 suburban under my 53 1 ton and the mounts actually all lined up! The only thing is, trackwidth was wider, so my truck looks a little odd...maybe if you were doing a frontend swap tho... | | |
| |
| |