The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (WICruiser, 1955 1 Series), 96 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,141
Posts1,056,471
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 19
The master cylinder on my '58 Apache will need to be rebuilt/replaced before I can put it back on the road. I was thinking that it would be prudent to use this opportunity to convert it to a dual circuit system.

I am looking at this kit from American Classic: http://www.americanclassic.com/images/BR0105-DB.jpg

Do I have to install a proportioning valve with this system? Or do I simply plumb the front brakes to one side and the rear brakes to the other side?


Tony Kimmell

1958 Chevy Apache
1982 Ford F-150 4x4
2005 Chevy Impala
2005 Chevy Uplander
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
If all you are doing is replacing your original with the unit from Americal Classic; plumb the fronts together and the rears together. Each circut will need a 10# residual valve. The MC may have built in residual valves, in which case you do not need to install inline valves.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
Here is the url for one of the best articles on automotive brakes that I have ever read.

http://www.hotrodheaven.com/tech/brakes/brakes9_index.htm

best wishes,

Les

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Check out CPP before you decide. These guys have dozens to choose from, drum,drum or drum,disk or disk,disk
http://www.classicperform.com/4754chevtrk.html#Master%20Cylinder%20Kits


~Jim

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0