The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (tclederman, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 197 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#453473 09/18/2008 2:27 AM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22
I have a 42 1 1/2 ton chevy with the 235 I'm oretty sure. On the valve cover part of the lettering on the passenger side is still visible. I know it is a loadmaster engine but I'm not sure what the rest of the words say. It looks like Loadmaster high torque....something. Any help on the words or colors? Thanx in advance guys

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 45
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 45
"Load Master High Torque Engine" My letters are yellow. Someday when I get around to it I will try to post a picture. Jim

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
Mine says "Hi-Tork Load Master Engine". Pics at the following. Sorry, the "Tork" is mostly worn off, but the spelling is accurate ("t-o-r-k").

EDIT: At least, my memory THINKS that's the spelling . . . Maybe I'll try for a better pic. tomorrow . . .

I'm hoping (some-day) to get new decals fabricated. Thus far, I haven't heard of anyone replicating these.

http://gallery.me.com/mikestem#100021

-Michael

Last edited by Mikestem; 09/19/2008 4:54 AM.

Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
Look on the pan, passenger side in the area of the distributor, should have stamped in 235, at least mine and some others I've seen do.


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22
thanks for all the help guys...Looks like mine says load master high torque engine....and yellow. thanks again

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 55
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 55
mine states Hi Torq Load Master Engine. Would love to freshen up this lettering. Anybody know of any tips to do this?

Gregg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W5YifZFZOh5B4p1I3


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0