The generic Accy-Off-On switch sold for the foot stomp ignition is functional but ugly and does not fit right in the stock dash of my 59 1/2 ton. Does nobody make an original stlye for the foot stomp? What do you use? Is the stock regular key starter switch used by just using some of the terminals? Are used ones out there being used with success?
Well, you could use the stock key switch, just don't connect anything to the START terminal. It will work fine. You could configure the start terminal to honk the horn or something if you wanted to give unauthorized drivers a surprise.
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
i believe the replacement is sold buy napa number ech st33 echlin try this link http://www.napaonline.com/NOLPPSE/(S(bykoamjrya4tau45vc3bzx55))/Results.aspx?Ne=25000&N=599001+101959+50014+2014099+25015&Nao=10
The 6 cyl. switch and the V8 switch were different. As far as I know all the replacement switches are for the V8. I tried to find a repop 6 cyl switch for my '59 and ended up drilling the lock cylinder out and replacing it.
"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964
I'm running a re-pop V8 switch mith my 6, works very well. Bill, thanx for the idea on the "start" position! I've got a very LOUD old police car sirent that's just begging to be hooked up like that!