| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,098 Posts1,056,162 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 17 | I've got a 1946 chevy pickup that I am disassembling to restore.I. I have the windwhield and top trim off. I just need to know how to take the dashboard out.I took out the screws on the top It (They were so rusted I ended up chiseling them off)I know there is probably more much more holding it.Can anyone help? | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | If you have all the screws out under the windshield area ( I think there are about 6 ? ), there is ( 1 ) bolt at each side of the lower inside corner. The upper lip of the dash slides over the lip of the lower windshield opening. It may be rusted in there - needs some gentle persuasion. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 | There is six screws on the top underneath windshield to remove, windshield regulator needs removed, steering wheel brace and a bolt on each side at the bottom. Tilt the dash out at the bottom and lift up as it has a lip that fits over the windshield area. There is a center of dash brace also. Mine came out pretty easy. Good luck and have fun. Dan
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 17 | First of all thanks to everyone for the great info. Does anyone know how to remove the steering wheel brace? | | |
| |
| |