The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, RoseB), 153 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#448171 09/02/2008 2:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
I've got a 1946 chevy pickup that I am disassembling to restore.I. I have the windwhield and top trim off. I just need to know how to take the dashboard out.I took out the screws on the top It (They were so rusted I ended up chiseling them off)I know there is probably more much more holding it.Can anyone help?

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
If you have all the screws out under the windshield area ( I think there are about 6 ? ), there is ( 1 ) bolt at each side of the lower inside corner. The upper lip of the dash slides over the lip of the lower windshield opening. It may be rusted in there - needs some gentle persuasion.


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
There is six screws on the top underneath windshield to remove, windshield regulator needs removed, steering wheel brace and a bolt on each side at the bottom. Tilt the dash out at the bottom and lift up as it has a lip that fits over the windshield area. There is a center of dash brace also. Mine came out pretty easy. Good luck and have fun.
Dan

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
First of all thanks to everyone for the great info. Does anyone know how to remove the steering wheel brace?


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0