The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE), 132 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 486
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 486
I've got to bring home a 1957 3800 and the trailers that I have available have side rails. I'm looking for the outside-to-outside width at the front tires and also at the rear duals so I can be sure it will fit on the trailer before I make the trip. Any help will be appreciated.


'64 swb stepside (gone)
'57 1 ton
'53 phone truck
'59 swb
'46 1 1/2 ton
'68 swb gmc
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 52
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 52
My 51 3800 Dually should be the same as yours. My front wheels are 68 inches (axle to axle) and 65 inches wheel lip to wheel lip. The rear is 80 inches wheel lip to wheel lip. The front fenders stick out slightly further than the tires and about equal to the axel dust cover. Good luck!

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4
I don't see 57 trucks listed in the old manuals, but the 56 should be fairly close.

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/chevyresto/56081.htm

Bruce

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 486
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 486
Huge help!! Thanks.


'64 swb stepside (gone)
'57 1 ton
'53 phone truck
'59 swb
'46 1 1/2 ton
'68 swb gmc

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0