The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Joe W, Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible), 200 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,178
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
Hey guys,
I am having trouble finding decals for two of my Fram oil filter canister restorations. I have two spin-handle canisters and have searched all of the known Chevy/GMC vendors to no avail. One is N.O.S. but scratched up and the other one has had a poor restoration done to it. Below is a link to my Webshots with pictures of what I'm looking for. They are the last 3 pictures on page 10. You guys haven't failed me yet. Thanks in advance for any and all information and help. Wada

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557232972KXrFmg?start=108


Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 79
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 79
American Classic has them. Go to this link. They are at the bottom of the page. ODMFRAM is the part number.

http://www.americanclassic.com/asp/...&iyear=1957&ytype=to&exyear=

http://www.americanclassic.com/images/OFDFRAM.jpg


1949 "Heinz 57"
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Send me a PM I have a new set I will not be using and you can have them since my new motor from a parts truck came with an AC set-up.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
Sorry Dave O.,
that isn't the one I'm looking for. All of the vendors have that style. Thanks any way.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
LMC lists them in there catalog.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
I have the same filter as you show in the last pictures. I have it on my 54 Chevy truck but it did not come standard. In the late 70s, I went down to the local auto parts store and bought a Fram filter kit to install on my truck. It is identical to yours.

[IMG]http://thumb17.webshots.net/t/24/665/2/34/41/2931234410047579877nQtDAT_th.jpg[/IMG]

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
All decals are not the same. LMC does not have the one I need. They carry the same ones that all the other vendors have. This canister has the spin-handle lid that is stamped. The lid decal is about half the size of the decals that all the vendors carry. Surely someone must have restored one or knows who might carry these decals. Jeff


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0