Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (MickeyP, jmoore, GMCJammer51, TPR57C, Eisenholtz, 55shaker, 1 invisible),
107
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,627 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 106 | Has anyone used Bronco, Bronco II, or K-5 Blazer seats in their burb? How did that work for you?
Last edited by 57cameoguy; 07/27/2008 1:20 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 112 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 112 | I've tried several different seats in my panel and I ended up using seats that have a very low back rest and no head rest.. I like the look of near original height seats..
1946 chevy 1/2 ton panel 1937 ford coupe | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 106 | Thanks for your response. What did your seats originally come out of? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I have seats out of a Honda Accord in mine. I've had them about five years and don't know if I ever knew just what year car they came from.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 106 | Thanks for the reponse, How do you access the back? Do the seats fold forward far enough to gain easy access?
Thanks | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | In my case I don't have any seats in back, and access is either climbing between the front seats or climbing in from the rear.
I have a split bench seat from an '89 Chevy pickup that looks like it would fit width wise (snugly), and which folds and slides forward in a way that would open up the rear for seating, at least for the young and limber. I may someday put that seat in, especially if I happened on some rear seating that would make sense with it. It needs to be recovered so I've not done anything yet.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 | what about using a original seat | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 106 | I don't have the original seats. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 106 | Thanks for the lead, $ 1350 for frames seems a bit pricey, but i am a novice on these burb parts. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 335 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 335 | I was planning on putting in Dodge Caravan seats in my 62 Burb. Bought a set but just found a guy who sold me a complete set of Expedition seats in two tone leather fully powered and 3rd seat is power folding. I have one sey of Caravan seats in grey tweed. 2 buckets, 2 2nd row buckets and 3rd row bench that i need to sell..they are listed in the for sale section. Also have 1 2nd row bench and 3rd row bench brand new in grey velour. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 335 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 335 | was gonna use caravan seats but got expidition seats, selling my caravan seats cheap | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | When putting these seats in a panel/surburban do you leave the original seat "pedestal" or do you guys take it out? I"m not there yet but will be one day! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 335 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 335 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 | I put Bronco II seats in a '53 'Burb. Keep the floor pedestal. The passenger seat folds forward for access to the rear. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 58 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 58 | I rented a toyota sienna a few weeks ago for a business trip and found the second row seats fold and flip forward, one handle operation. These seats flip forward to allow access to the third row seats. If you see a toyota van in the parts yard you may want to check it out. Not sure what years are applicable though.
When I hit the junkyard to look for a set I found a great deal on a pair of buckets out of a supercharged Bonneville. With perfect leather, power controls on the seat, heat and integral seatbelts I couldn't resist. I'm now looking for another set but will probably pay twice as much for 'em.
Plans change, guess we'll be climbing between the seats to get to the back once they go in. Plan C: I'll put them in the El Camino if they become a problem in the Burb.
Mark | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 57 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 57 | For my 64, I used seats from a 2004 Nissan Quest that were pretty nice-I gave $200 for them, and don't have to recover. Cloth, but leather was available from other vehicles for the same price. With scrap up so high, they're crushing stuff quick and are selling parts pretty reasonably. To use 3 rows, you'll need to measure carefully for the middle row-I can only use one of the middle buckets with the 3rd bench. However, the frames/mounts will allow me to remove the middle bucket easily so that I can move the bench up to the middle position. A little cutting/welding on some square 1 1/2 inch tube, and you've got mounts. There are even skirts with the seats to hide the bases. I've got 2 sets of front Suburban seats and 2 full-width rear seats(plus other Suburban stuff) that I need to get rid of. I would need a buyer to pick them up. I may be able to get the seats as far as KC. Contact at [email protected] | | |
| |