The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, Bill Hanlon, Hotrod Lincoln, Cletus1950, Wayne67vert), 198 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,217
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#437743 08/01/2008 1:32 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
A good friend of mine bought this truck in Reno but is having trouble getting a title. I'm not very good at ID's of these years, I would guess 1954. Can anyone help me?

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2117866020101465522CHPbTi

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
It's not a 54. From what I can tell, I would think a 1951 300. series. 51 was the first year of the vent glass in the door.It looks like the door handle is the lever type which 51 was the last year. 52 and 53 used a push button. 54 had a 1 piece windshield.
Of course, someone could have put a 51 door on a 48 because they fit.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Thanks for the info.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
to me it looks like a 51 350. ask him to look on the forward part of the drivers door jamb that is where the tag is if it grosses out at 16000 thn its a 350. it should read something like this 50 300 series 301 or 302 with a 24 or a 51 350 series 351,352,353 with a 24(248 ci) following with sequence #xxxx
301-24xxxx
353-24xxxx

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
how about 35424C2732 ?

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Are there any visual clues to tell the difference between a 52 and 53?

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
354 means its a 350 series truck. The 4 tells the wheelbase.
24 means the original motor was a 248.
C I believe is where it was made.

Unfortunately I don't recall what city C stands for or what wheelbase the 4 means...

I see the same visual clues that say its a '51. Or at least the passenger side door is a '51. I can't tell if it has an in-cab fuel tank or not. I'd expect that on a '51. Its not a '54 based on the split case windshield.

If you go to OldGMCtrucks.com I think you can figure out the details of that serial number.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Thanks, I think you guys are right on the 51


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0