The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Paul Mullen, JW51, GrandpasJimmy), 96 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#426054 06/23/2008 11:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
I found a complete t5 trans with bell housing and everything in a local pick and pull yesterday and would like to know if the bell housing will work behind a 250ci


1938 Gmc 1/2 ton
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Depends. What engine did the S 10 have in it? If it was a 4.3, then you should be ok, but if it was a 2.8, it won't work. I'm not cerain about the 4 cylinder S trucks.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 71
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 71
the 2.8 and 4 cyl in any vehicle is a different bell housing than the V8. the 4.3 v6 is basically a 350 with cyl 7 & 8 missing.. it has the same bell housing bolt pattern as a V8.

I dont know what bell housing the 250ci 6 used.. I would ASSUME its the V8 bell pattern.. sorry on that bit.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
That is correct, the later 7 bearing 6 cylinder uses the same bellhousing pattern as the Chevrolet V8s.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
I didn't even think about looking what size engine was in it, but with the info I got here already I can go look and know what to look for thanks


1938 Gmc 1/2 ton
TheShoer #426827 06/26/2008 11:43 AM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
S
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
Post a pic if needed, most of us can spot the GM 60 degree pattern vs a 90 degree pattern. If the mounting holes are in line on each side, you have a 60 degree V6 (2.8, 3.1, 3.4) flywheel housing.

The T5 wasnt behind many 4.3's in the S-10. It was behind the 4.3's in the Astro Van.

Scott


The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 71
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 71
i dont recall there being room for a clutch pedal in an astro. I owned one not too long ago and i honestly could not image a manual astro van. I am not a tall person at all and could hardly bare the lack of legroom with the wheel well on one side and the doghouse on the other.

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
S
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
I owned two of them. about 2% of astro sales were manual in 1985-1988. Not available after 1989 that I can tell.


The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0