| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 | Does anybody know this value? I have pulled my tired cam and want to determine how much it has worn. From what I’ve found I need to multiply lobe lift by the rocker ratio to determine valve lift. Thanks for replies.
Curt B.
1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod You Tube | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | Curt,
This is what 'Tony' had to say!
"The cam grinders say the rocker arm ratio on 235's and GMC's is 1.5.But it's 1.4 ,I've checked them out.So right out of the box,you're shy some lift and duration"
Thanks Tony.
Stuart | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 506 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 506 |
-Tom
1950 Chevy 3100 w/ 1956 235
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 | Thanks guys. The .110” improvement in valve lift with my new 261 cam over the old one should perk it up a little. Although gutless I’m surprised it ran as good as it did considering lobe height varied as much as .030”
1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod You Tube | | |
| |
| |