But always one when you don't want one.
This post is not really Big Bolt related, but
I'm sure others here have similar stories.
I have been working on this:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2818944950102828028olUuyv1947 Kenworth, Cummins NH220, 5x3 trans, newer
Pete air ride.
Well today was the day for a 'maiden voyage', just to
the high school outside of town, turn around in the
vacant parking lot, then head back. About 6 miles total.
Everything was working that needed to work, but I didn't
have time to hang the mudflaps.
My dad and I took off, all was going well. Before
we had got 1 mile, I checked the mirrors: Crap, that suv has
lights on top. I hope its just a volunteer firefighter.
We were not going fast, and he was close enough that I could
see his license plate were government issue. A quick check
of my pocket revealed that I left my wallet at home.
Well, when I turned into the school lot, he followed, then
the lights came on. State Patrol.
He came up, asked what was up? I told him, just doing a test
drive. He asked for the registration, and I got it and hopped
out and handed it to him. As he was looking it over, I confessed
that I left my wallet at home. He just smiled, and said
'No problem, I just wanted to look the truck over.' My dad
and I spent about 15 minutes showing him the truck, he told
us his older brother used to drive a Mack with a duplex trans
back when he was a kid. He told us the engine sounded good, and
to get some mudflaps before our next drive, and sent us on
our way.
Whew! It is nice to know that these old trucks have
some friends out there though.
-Brian