| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Rusty Rod),
80
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 23 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 23 | Are the fenders and running boards the same? In pictures I have seen, they look very similar, but hard to say for sure.
Please advise! Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 23 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 23 | I spoke to a guy this week who confirmed that the pickup fenders between Chevy and GMC are the same, which I assume means at least the front fenders on the panel will also be the same.
Any one out there who can confirm anything about the rears? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | I am going to take a guess at this one. The later panels shared the same fenders between GMC and Chevrolet. The 1948/53 Chevrolet and GMC rear fenders are the same, the front fenders are identical except for the parking lights on the GMC. I would say that the earlier panels, GMC and Chevrolet used the same fenders too.
The changes in the bodies were subtle, mostly in the grilles and hood and different emblems and ornaments. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | The running boards are different. The GMC running boards have a diamond plate tread like design stamped into them. The Chevrolet running boards have the raised front to rear full length 1/2" or so wide treads. Joe 
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | |
| |
| |