The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rusty Rod), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
Are the fenders and running boards the same? In pictures I have seen, they look very similar, but hard to say for sure.

Please advise! Thanks!

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
I spoke to a guy this week who confirmed that the pickup fenders between Chevy and GMC are the same, which I assume means at least the front fenders on the panel will also be the same.

Any one out there who can confirm anything about the rears?

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
I am going to take a guess at this one. The later panels shared the same fenders between GMC and Chevrolet. The 1948/53 Chevrolet and GMC rear fenders are the same, the front fenders are identical except for the parking lights on the GMC. I would say that the earlier panels, GMC and Chevrolet used the same fenders too.

The changes in the bodies were subtle, mostly in the grilles and hood and different emblems and ornaments.

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
The running boards are different. The GMC running boards have a diamond plate tread like design stamped into them. The Chevrolet running boards have the raised front to rear full length 1/2" or so wide treads.

Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0