The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (klhansen, fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, Eileen, Uncles51, Rusty Heaps, 50Chevy3100), 87 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,295
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41404 08/25/2004 9:45 PM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
I just finnished installing a pcv system and eliminating my draft tube on my 51,3100 with a 235,I fabricated a tube to replace the draft tube and purchased a pcv valve and gromet and a four foot piece of 5/16 hose all toll about ten dollars for parts needed. the engine seems smile to run a little quieter,and no more oil drip on the driveway, no more oily smell when engine is running,I will run it this way for a while ,and let you all know how it works out. old navy 51 from new jersey....................

#41405 08/25/2004 10:11 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
That's the first thing I noticed too, that it was quieter! cool


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


#41406 08/26/2004 3:26 AM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 213
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 213
Sounds like a great deal, can you post a pic or two some time?

#41407 08/26/2004 11:46 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 39
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 39
I assume this will work on a 49 216 ci?
No reason not to help the enviornment.
ia49

#41408 08/27/2004 2:17 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 213
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 213
Wouldn't the open vents on the valve cover on the 216 and the early 54 235 make a pcv work less effectively?

#41409 08/27/2004 2:31 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 506
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 506
Jake,
On the 216 the vents in the valve cover is where the the system gets its make up air. In thru the cover thru the engine down thru the engine, then out the pvc set up to the intake manifold to be burned.


"Drugs are money, money is power, power is security." - Kent Heiner
Nedrow population 2212
Carbon footprint family of 2/11 tonnes of CO2/yr
#41410 08/28/2004 1:28 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 124
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 124
Will a PCV setup cause a drop in the intake manifold vacuum level?

#41411 08/30/2004 2:56 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
I heard about a PCV jar. Size of a beer can. The pcv hose goes in the can and passes some nickel balls or selica gel granulat that seperates out the gunk bevor the unburned gases feed back in the engine. I was told it saves a great amount of gas to.

As soon as I solved the heat problem on my 235 I try that out.

Frank

#41412 08/31/2004 1:45 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 316
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 316
Like this?

PCV jar
and Additional info


*** GMC ***

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0