| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,301 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#41020 03/19/2003 3:37 AM | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 10 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 10 | I posted earlier about a 51 flatbed GMC that I may be buying. The hood emblem is 250. I was told that a 250 is a 1 ton, but the truck has larger axles (and duals) than the 1 tons I've seen that have very long pickup beds and are without duals.
The serial number (on the doorjam)is 25322C1119 which from the charts is a 1 ton, 137", 228, Oakland.
Could this be a 1.25 or 1.5 ton with a 1 ton cab? I'm 100% certain that the axles are way larger that my old '53 3/4 ton.
Thanks
Sidehill | | |
#41021 03/19/2003 4:02 AM | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 194 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 194 | Go to oldgmctrucks.com to decode you serial number. | | |
#41022 03/19/2003 4:51 AM | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 10 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 10 | Originally posted by afu45: Go to oldgmctrucks.com to decode you serial number. Been there done that. Serial number decodes as a 1 ton. Problem is that the axles and wheels are much heavier than any 1 ton I've seen. Thanks for the input though. Sidehill | | |
#41023 03/19/2003 1:31 PM | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 427 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 427 | The axles would be larger than the 3/4 ton...that's why it's a one ton.
One tons had 17" and optional 18" rims. Which does this have? 7 leaf 2" front and 8 leaf 2" rear springs too. | | |
#41024 03/20/2003 4:49 AM | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I believe the 1-ton should have 8 lug wheels and the larger ones have 10 lug on rear and 5 lug on front. (same wheels but only uses 5 of the holes) | | |
| |
| |