The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (CandoBrent, Youngin' Tut 59, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, TooMany2count), 159 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,659
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#405349 04/22/2008 2:46 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19
I am restoring the subject '44 Chevy, exterior color Brewster Green. Can someone assist with the following:

1) What color should the grill and other parts be that were chromed before the war?
2) What are the interior colors? I cannot find anything on this at all, except for black on the steering wheel and column.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 89
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 89
JREA,
As best I can fiqure out from what I have collected and read over the years for 1941 - 1946 as related to your question is ;
1.1942 backout and 1945 grill trim peices,painted bumpers,grill and hub caps are Turret Gray. PPG DAR2847.
2. I do not find anything changing for the interior colors as noted in other forums.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 89
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 89
JREA,
As best I can fiqure out from what I have collected and read over the years for 1941 - 1946 as related to your question is :

1.1942 backout and 1945 grill trim peices,painted bumpers,grill and hub caps are Turret Gray. PPG DAR2847.
2. I do not find anything changing for the interior colors as noted in any of the other forums.
A. Steering Column and trim : Thrush Brown
B. Steering Wheel : Brownstone
C. Inside door panels,panels behind seat ,dash, are Beige Hammered PT 106 sold by Jim Carter #PT106.

Maybe some one else will be able to answer better,
Warner (cvett)



Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0