The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Roy Rodgers, Oswald, Brian Moore), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#401623 04/13/2008 4:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 7
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 7
Is it possible to convert the front parking lamps on a 6V system to turn signals?

I have seen the conversion kits but they all state they are 12Volt.

Is this because there are no 6V two filament bulbs available that can function as signals?

OR

If there are 6V two filament bulbs available can I purchase the 12V kit, replace the wiring to a heavier gauge and hook it up?

The truck presently has rear signal lights only.

I will continue to search in the archives but if anyone has experience with this let me know.

Thank you


Last edited by Kevin J; 04/13/2008 4:06 PM.
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
There is no reason the conversion kit will not work with 6 volts. You can get the equivalent bulbs in 6 volt. I get universal sockets & replace them myself. The wire will be large enough for a short distance.

Last edited by Wrenchbender Ret.; 04/13/2008 4:45 PM.

They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 7
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 7
Thank you for the reply.

I am looking to purchase a truck that is located a fair distance away. The truck will eventually be switched to 12V but I just need a quick fix to get the front signals operational for the drive home. Better safe than sorry.

My other option is to switch everything to 12V before heading out on the road and I will research that also.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Ah,just stick your arm out the window and point.Half the drivers in this country don't use signals when they have them.

Last edited by DrewP; 04/13/2008 5:36 PM.

Drew
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 7
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 7
You are right on that one Drew. My job involves driving so I'm on the highways everyday. Besides people talking on their cellphones, not using their signals is the second most common thing I see.


Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 70
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 70
it should work good..........unless you plan on making a turn that lasts 6 hours...............

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 7
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 7
I've been known to go in circles sometimes!


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0