| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,649 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 103 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 103 | I just purchased a gas tank for my 41, I was wondering if I need to put some kind of teflon tape or selant on the fittings?
James
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 | I would deffinately use at least Teflon Tape, I prefer Permatex Thread Sealant. Give it a day to cure, just my 2 pennies, I am sure someone with fuel tank knowlege will chime in ..on what is best.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | I use Permatex Ultra. Whatever you use keep it back on the threads and away from the end.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 103 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 103 | Thanks guys I appreciate it James
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.
| | |
| |
| |