The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, tricordati), 157 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
Greetings everyone. I am the owner of a small restoration shop and I have a few questions concerning a 1952 3/4 ton Chevy truck we recently restored. The truck's owner wants the bumpers, grill inserts and the hupcaps painted grey. He wants to keep the truck original and his research shows that these parts should be grey in color. The problem is I don't know what the correct shade of grey paint should be. He says it's something called Dove Grey, but I can't find that color in my chip books. So now it's time to turn to the experts. Could someone please tell me what the factory correct shade of grey would have been used on these parts? Thanks in advance for your help.

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 454
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 454
Not sure about "Dove Grey". According to the 1952 Chevrolet Specifications Pack (Restoration Pack) the grille inner bars were Thistle Gray and the bumper (and also the hubcaps) were Anvil Gray.

HTH


Jeff Nelson

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 204
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 204
I bought paint for my 1953 and here are the PPG numbers:

Grill Bars - thistle gray - PPG 32669
Bumper and Hub Caps - Anvil Gray - PPG 32933

Regards,
Mike



My old truck's still running good, my ticker's ticking like they say it should, I got supper in the oven, a good woman's loving, and even my bad days aint that bad...Yeah, I'm a lucky man!
1953 Chevy 3100 Shortbed

1965 C-30 Panel Truck
1963 C-20 Long/Fleet Pick-up California Black Plate
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
That is exactly the information I've been looking for. Thank you very much, gentlemen.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Hey Mike, I probably have it here in my notes somewhere cus it sound familiar, but, where did you come up with the PPG numbers??
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 204
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 204
Denny,
I worked with info from Tim Lederman on his site and then with Bob Adler who is over the line in NY from me and has a restoration business. My paint jobber was then able to confirm.
Mike


My old truck's still running good, my ticker's ticking like they say it should, I got supper in the oven, a good woman's loving, and even my bad days aint that bad...Yeah, I'm a lucky man!
1953 Chevy 3100 Shortbed

1965 C-30 Panel Truck
1963 C-20 Long/Fleet Pick-up California Black Plate
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
I probably saw that over on Tim’s site, I'll have to take a spin over there and see if I can find it. I'm keeping to many irons in the fire lately and can't keep up with it all sometimes. Gonna have to make some big adjustments in May when I enrolled in a 3credit hour advanced body shop course at our local jr. collage.
If you run across those PPG numbers by chance I ‘dappreciate it if you could post them.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL



Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
tks, Tim, that's the one I have in the pile-to-file pile. Boy I wish we could get some of those blanks filled in some day, you know, and have a full field of numbers.
Denny G


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0