The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (GRNHydra, Oswald, 1955 1 Series, Nick in Manitou, Wayne67vert, Woodcmiami), 112 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,124
Posts1,056,334
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 61
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 61
What exhaust system does anyone recommend for a 64 chevy truck? I mean from the headers back. I was thinking hooker competition headers, and flowmaster 40's, but wasn't sure if that was good or bad or what. Also i need to know a lot more about how the exhaust system works, and how it all connects and goes together.


63 Chevrolet Short Fleetside
64 Chevrolet Long Stepside
http://community.webshots.com/user/64stepside
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I ran stock manifolds with 2 1/4" pipes & stock
mufflers on my 63. It sounded great. Deep rumble
without a lot noise. But i,m an old man. It,s
all a matter of taste. Those noisey exhaust system
can get on your nerves after a while.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
If your truck is a C10 with rear coil springs and a panhard bar, you will more than likely need to go to a good muffler shop and have it custom made to fit properly. There is a lot of complicated bends to get around that rear-end set-up. I have a guy here that does a lot of custom bending and put mine together without wasting one piece of pipe. Next time I'm going to get it done in stainless steel. I've got 2 1/2" pipe with Flowmaster 50's. I wish I had gone with the 40's though, all of that pipe quiets it down too much unless you are really getting on it. Well, that's my 2 cents,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just bolt a set of Purple Hornies directly to the headers. That's old school!!!
Click here:web page

Boo (If it's to loud you're to old) Radley cool

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
I have Dynomax Superturbos on my 69 and love them. Not quite as loud as the flowmasters, but they do sound nice. I also went with aluminized pipes, the system is under lifetime warranty.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0