The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Nhluvstruck, 32Fordpuchoptop, Bill Hanlon, DHedrick, Ponchogl, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
We recently had our Chevy 3100 painted and it turned out great, but the running boards are not going to wear well. There are 3 or 4 factory drilled holes at the door area that could secure a plate or guard for stepping on. Anyone have any ideas???

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 261
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 261
You could spray on a clear coat of the stone chipping guard that is used on the exterior painted fender and rocker panels. Good boy paint store would have it.


34 & 35 trucks are the greatest
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
Thanks, I will do that, but also would like a plate or mat or something like that. I saw a site on the links www.runningboardmats.com but it didn't go anywhere.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
Islandhoppers, I have a set that I haven't put on my truck yet. If you want, I can email you a few pictures of them. Let me know.


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 345
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 345
I think some of the vendors sell a replacement for the step plate that originally went there. You could also fabricate one out of diamond plate aluminum, but that wouldn't look stock.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
i can't remember who it was but somebody on this site had after market factory look a like alum. step plates on their truck, and they oxidized real bad, and it oxidized into the paint on the running boards or something.


1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal
1964 gmc 4000
1973 gmc 6000
2005 chevy duramax 4x4
1994 chevy 1500
Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
My 54 had some aftermarket aluminum step plates on it when I got it. I took them after a few years and I am glad I did. The running boards were pitted bad from rust. I will not put them back on.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
I've got them on my 54...sealed underneath with dumdum and although a bit pricey I'm happy with them. Got them from Classic Parts...had a choice of a couple different styles. I went with a "kick-up" (56-411). Haven't had any problem with oxidation and they have eliminated any scuffing from the running boards. Still look as good as the day I put them on.

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
Yes please. I saw some with a blue Chevy emblem, but my hubcaps have the red chevrolet and the truck is in goldish. I look for ward to seeing a picture!

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
I am going to look for something like them. You truck looks awesome. Do you have any interior shots, I will look on the mother page for your submission...


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0