The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Nhluvstruck, 32Fordpuchoptop, Bill Hanlon, DHedrick, Ponchogl, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#379285 02/24/2008 3:12 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 19
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 19
I have a chance to get my hands on an old paint shop in Duluth. Do hobbists have to follow the same laws or would I have to have a certified painter at the shop? What I want to do is convert the paint shop into a vehicle club facility. Store winter projects, Bring own tools to work on your project. Things like that. This would be open to all car clubs. There is 3 buildings Main building is biggest, 2nd is medium sized, 3rd is small storage. If I can get some sponsors could help. The only problem is the guy wants way to much for the place. I guess thats why it's been for sale for the last 15 years. I could talk to him about CD/Lease, Also I'm in Duluth, which is pretty far for some of the folks in here. I would like to make a go of this though.


Keep the Taskforce Trucks Alive....

Tim Sorby
fellow bolter
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
Tim,
I would think AS LONG as you dont "OPEN" for buisiness , get a Tax # an all that , I dont see where you need to tell anyone what you are doing in YOUR bulidings ??...I may be wrong , I am sure someone will know and reply soon.
Take Care
Tim


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
#379409 02/24/2008 2:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
I'd check with my local building code enforcement office.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
You may want to check and make sure that the property doesn't have some kind of clean up act agasinst it. If the guy was dumping some of the toxic products outside he may be trying to sell it to avoid having to clean it up himself.
Just a thought.

Ed

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 19
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 19
Thanks guys, I'll start checking this out tomorrow.


Keep the Taskforce Trucks Alive....

Tim Sorby
fellow bolter
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 19
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 19
Hey guys,
My wife's cousin has a boyfriend that knows the owner of said business. He wants $250,000.00 for the buildings.


Keep the Taskforce Trucks Alive....

Tim Sorby
fellow bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 641
3
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
3 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 641
every states defferent if its zoned comercial it may be bussness only or you might be able to live there you could be in trouble if someone gets hurt better have deep ins.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0