The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (1955 1 Series, Justhorsenround, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, Hugh63c10, KEVINSKI), 81 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,481
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 385
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 385
I pulled the oil pan off my 4400 shortly after I got it, to see what the inside looked like. I'm kind of glad I did because there was a lot of crud in the bottom of the pan. I had to jiggle it a little to get it out, and I also noticed that the front and rear pan gasket pieces didn't come out with it. Didn't think that was too strange because there was lots of RTV Silicon where the gaskets would be.

Putting the pan back on did not turn out to be so easy. The engine is in the truck, so space and light are limited. I painted the pan and used Hi-Tack to stick on the side gaskets AS WELL AS NEW FRONT AND REAR GASKETS. When I tried to fit the pan back up to the engine it doesn't want to go the last inch or so.

Question 1. Is it possible that someone glued front and rear gaskets to the main caps and they are still up there?

Question 2. Would it help if I removed the piece of sheet metal between the rear of the pan and the fly wheel?


195? Chevy 3800 dump truck
1973 Chevy C30 cab and chassis
1987 Suburban 3/4 ton 6.2L Diesel
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 324
2
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
2 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 324
Question 1. Yes

Question 2. Yes


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0