The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (3B, Gdads51, 3800GUY, 2 invisible), 100 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,367
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 86
J
JC
Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 86
Hi,

My 250 6 cylinder I put in my 66 c20 has a harmonic balancer with about an inch of side to side play in it. I don't imagine this is normal. What would cause this problem?

Also, I have access to a 292 6 harmonic balancer. Would it work on the 250? Thanks!


JC in KC
"The future will be better tomorrow." Dan Quayle
1965 Chevy C10 Long Fleetside
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Hy Jon. It,s probably all wallerd out. You need to pull it & see. Hopefully the crank is O.K.. The 292 won,t work.
George


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 155
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 155
Wrenchbender Ret. is correct, I'd head to the local salvage yard to get another one...yours is beyond hope...I'd say the problem was
it got a little loose and was ignored..


Geoff


68 GMC 3800
56 JD420C w/JD90 Loader
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 86
J
JC
Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 86
George, you are very right. Wallered out keyways in the crank and and harmonic balancer. I have a used balancer on it now and there isn't as much play, so I'll be in a little better shape, but I think I am going to go with a 292 engine in the near future. Thanks for the input!

Last edited by JC; 01/28/2008 4:53 AM.

JC in KC
"The future will be better tomorrow." Dan Quayle
1965 Chevy C10 Long Fleetside

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0