The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Napco Man, Gray_Ghost, Phak1, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck), 114 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,242
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 71
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 71
I need to find some rear leaf springs from the wreckers which is the same as stock ride height. I'd like them to be sort of soft (I'm going to use air bag also). What type of mountings should I look for? I'd prefer to have it directly underneath the frame as stock and not on the outsides. What have people used? thanks


'53 Chevy truck 1/2 ton
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 41
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 41
Not sure I follow...are you looking for plain old stock leaf springs? If so, they are readily available from pretty much all the regular suppliers for $100-$150.

If you go junkyarding, you'll probably have to have them re-arched, which sets you back $50, plus fix worn bushings, etc., etc. Might be easiest just to buy.

Ed

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 275
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 275
Just got a complete set of new ones with a 2" drop from ESPO Springs and Things http://www.espo.com/. Ended up costing $500 incl. shipping which is steep but still beats the monos by $400 or more. I can always pull a couple leafs if I want it a little lower with a softer ride.

As you probably are aware, the problem with used ones is replacing the bushings and dealing with the grooves that are worn in the spring--which keep them from slipping on eachother.

If you really want used ones, I've got a complete set I'm taking off my '56--free for the taking. Also have a 235, 3 spd trans. and original rear end I won't be using.


1956 Chevy 3100
261/700r4 (formerly 3 speed OD)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 39
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 39
i had a local spring shop redo mine and he made new front main leafs and removed 2 and remomed 3 from rear ,rearched installed new bushings for 150.oo .this lowered it about 2.5 inches allthe way around and he pulled them out and reinstalled them .so ck with a local spring shop it may suprise you


47 Chevy COE..52 TO 30

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0