| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,244 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 153 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 153 | Does anyone have any info about roof racks for a 61 panel. I use my panel as a daily driver for my handyman business and occassionaly need to carry longer lengths of lumber that wont fit inside. I assume there are period correct racks but I have never seen any. I am also going to put a request in the parts wanrted as well.
Thanks, Mac | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | I believe that this subject has been talked about before,do a search. From what I have seen, the station wagon racks are the same. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 153 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 153 | Couldnt find any info doing a search. Never thought about the wagons being the same.
Mac | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 153 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 153 | Thanks for the thread. I'll try to track down eitherthe direct bolt or gutter mount.
Mac | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | My understanding after re-reading your post, your intentions are to carry oversize lumber. I am not sure if any of the luggage racks were intended for such loads and would carefully search for information regarding such use. You may want to check with a specialty truck store that caters to construction/tradesmen. I think your idea of a gutter mounted rack is a better idea than an original bolted through the roof mount. If you check ebay, try searching for: luggage rack, roof carrier, roof rack etc. also there are later model racks, both foreign and domestic that might adapt to your roof, so take measurements and compare. Good luck! This is one style that was available in the 50's and 60's http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/545521611.html | | |
| |
| |