| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Shaffer's1950, TexasJim50, Opelika Tom, Oswald, Peggy M, dt235sd, Wayne67vert, Charles in CA),
68
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,281 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 46 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 46 | Man, I haven't been around to Stovebolt land in while...place looks a little different!! A good friend of mine purchased this truck for his dad in NC. They dragged it to Tacoma, WA and then drove it from Tacoma to Juneau AK (well, they drove it as far as they could then took the fairy to Juneau) They are the third owner....the second purchased it from the original owner but only had it for about 18 months. Has the original 235 in liner and 3 on the tree. No rust and just a couple of minor dents. The second owner did hack up the dash to add a CD player ( I wish they wouldn't do that!) Enjoy these photos....they are fantastic!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot...that's 1300 lbs. of "stuff" in the bed! Picture 1 Picture 2
Last edited by cletis; 01/14/2008 3:52 AM. Reason: Replaced images with links
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 | Nice looking truck from the south end. 8^) That rear bumper is a find not many have it. If it is a 63 it shouldn't have a 235, it should be a 230 or possibly a 292. When you say fender side, I assume you mean step-side. Sorry to hear about the dash.
Larry
I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 46 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 46 | Yeah, I suppose I should have used the Chevy nomenclature for the box (step side v. fender side). I'm just too used to the GMC terminology I guess.
I'm taking my friend's word for it that it's a 235. Of the other two displacements, I'd guess 230 before 292. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Being a GMC, it should have the 305 V6. The 230 inline 6 was a delete option, though.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 46 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 46 | Sorry about the confusion...it's a Chevy. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Duhhhh, I shoulda looked closer, it says CHEVROLET right on the tailgate!! In that case, though, it would be a 230, not a 235.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 69 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 69 | Sweeeeet, I love seeing them still on the road. We just need more of em.
TruckNut
Be kind, courteous, cheerful and helpful - And someone will take advantage of you.
"Quiting smoking is easy, I've done it hundreds of times." Mark Twain
| | |
| |
| |