The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Naturalthud, Deegs53, CuzzFuzz, 1 invisible), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,466
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#360448 01/14/2008 3:17 AM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 46
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 46
Man, I haven't been around to Stovebolt land in while...place looks a little different!!

A good friend of mine purchased this truck for his dad in NC. They dragged it to Tacoma, WA and then drove it from Tacoma to Juneau AK (well, they drove it as far as they could then took the fairy to Juneau)

They are the third owner....the second purchased it from the original owner but only had it for about 18 months. Has the original 235 in liner and 3 on the tree. No rust and just a couple of minor dents. The second owner did hack up the dash to add a CD player (I wish they wouldn't do that!)

Enjoy these photos....they are fantastic!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...that's 1300 lbs. of "stuff" in the bed!

Picture 1

Picture 2



Last edited by cletis; 01/14/2008 3:52 AM. Reason: Replaced images with links

Scott

1964 GMC 1002 Long Wideside w/305E V6 & sm420 "Blue Jeans"
1996 Harley Davidson FLHTCI
1981 Husky 250CR
http://community.webshots.com/user/gmc1002hf5669a
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
Nice looking truck from the south end. 8^) That rear bumper is a find not many have it. If it is a 63 it shouldn't have a 235, it should be a 230 or possibly a 292. When you say fender side, I assume you mean step-side. Sorry to hear about the dash.

Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 46
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 46
Yeah, I suppose I should have used the Chevy nomenclature for the box (step side v. fender side). I'm just too used to the GMC terminology I guess.

I'm taking my friend's word for it that it's a 235. Of the other two displacements, I'd guess 230 before 292.


Scott

1964 GMC 1002 Long Wideside w/305E V6 & sm420 "Blue Jeans"
1996 Harley Davidson FLHTCI
1981 Husky 250CR
http://community.webshots.com/user/gmc1002hf5669a
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Being a GMC, it should have the 305 V6. The 230 inline 6 was a delete option, though.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 46
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 46
Sorry about the confusion...it's a Chevy.


Scott

1964 GMC 1002 Long Wideside w/305E V6 & sm420 "Blue Jeans"
1996 Harley Davidson FLHTCI
1981 Husky 250CR
http://community.webshots.com/user/gmc1002hf5669a
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Duhhhh, I shoulda looked closer, it says CHEVROLET right on the tailgate!! In that case, though, it would be a 230, not a 235.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 69
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 69
Sweeeeet, I love seeing them still on the road. We just need more of em.


TruckNut

Be kind, courteous, cheerful and helpful - And someone will take advantage of you.

"Quiting smoking is easy, I've done it hundreds of times." Mark Twain

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0