The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Steelonsteel, klhansen, tclederman, Nick in Manitou, dt235sd, Bill Hanlon, Leo, GRNHydra), 70 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,112
Posts1,056,577
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35942 01/16/2005 9:10 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I would like to find out if anyone has information on the gear ratios for a 4-speed (3 + granny gear) transmission that I believe to be original to the truck.

I have a 1952 3/4 ton GMC pick up.
Or can anyone refer me to a site with that info?
Thanks.


52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird
#35943 01/16/2005 9:31 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Here's what my Chevrolet book shows, and I believe the transmissions are the same:

First: 7.06:1
Second: 3.58:1
Third: 1.71:1
Fourth 1:1 (direct)
Reverse 6.78:1

#35944 01/16/2005 9:37 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
Thank you!!!


52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0