The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Bill Hanlon, TooMany2count, 55shaker, Gdads51), 109 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,076
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 11
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 11
I am tired of my truck "wandering" with my reversed 7 in. rims on the front. Stock axle, one leaf removed. So, I now have a pair of stock 15 in. wheels, zero offset. I am wondering what radial tire to mount? The stock wheel width is only 5 1/2 inches. I have reversed 7 in. on the back, which is fine. Size of existing front tires: 215/70 15. Any suggestions? Should I have new outer rims added to the centers, stay with the zero offset only go 6 in. or 6 1/2 inches??


1950 Chev 3100
Nevada City, CA
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 272
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 272
on my 56 I am running 6 1/2" rims and 235-75-15 with no wandering problems.
Check the air pressure 3-5 pounds less in the back will cause wandering too, reguardless of tire size.
Brad

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
I got 700R15 that go good on a standard 5 1/2 " rim . I keep the pressure up .
Wouldn't hurt to check the castor and toe in/out while you're at it .


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0