| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
128
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#35681 01/15/2002 3:56 AM | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 11 | I am tired of my truck "wandering" with my reversed 7 in. rims on the front. Stock axle, one leaf removed. So, I now have a pair of stock 15 in. wheels, zero offset. I am wondering what radial tire to mount? The stock wheel width is only 5 1/2 inches. I have reversed 7 in. on the back, which is fine. Size of existing front tires: 215/70 15. Any suggestions? Should I have new outer rims added to the centers, stay with the zero offset only go 6 in. or 6 1/2 inches??
1950 Chev 3100 Nevada City, CA
| | |
#35682 01/17/2002 7:55 AM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 272 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 272 | on my 56 I am running 6 1/2" rims and 235-75-15 with no wandering problems. Check the air pressure 3-5 pounds less in the back will cause wandering too, reguardless of tire size. Brad | | |
#35683 01/17/2002 8:20 AM | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,096 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,096 | I got 700R15 that go good on a standard 5 1/2 " rim . I keep the pressure up . Wouldn't hurt to check the castor and toe in/out while you're at it . | | |
| |
| |