The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Bill Hanlon, fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, tclederman, Hotrod Lincoln, Charles in CA), 70 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,376
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 11
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 11
What would be a good clip for a 1956 1/2 ton chevy pick-up?
1.Camaro
2.Monte Carlo
3.Nova
I would want to install one of these clips.I would like for it to be as close to orginal height as possible.Do you know of any web sites that install the Monte Carlo or Nova clips to one of these trucks?You can answer this ad or e-mail me at: [email protected]


ubb
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
My '56 has the stock suspension and I have no problem with it.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
I'm with Cletis, no need to redesign a good design, especially if you want it to look original anyway - any of those clips will result in it being lower, if only because of the 5 bolt wheels/tires you'll wind up with, then there's the fact the rear will still be 6 stud and the disc brakes to set up as well .... and if you're going to hire someone to do it for ya .... $$$$$

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
If you HAVE to go independent, go with an engineered piece specifically designed for your truck. Fatman, Heidts, etc., etc., plus most all the parts vendors offer a variation. Just have to do your research on which fits your needs.

On the other side, I just installed a '74 Nova stub onto my '48 Fleetmaster. Just installing it lowered the ride height 3" and after all of the sheetmetal and driveline goes back in it will go lower yet. This is what I'm after so alls well on this one. I only went this route for a couple of reasons. I already had the Nova, the Fleetmaster is a relatively straight car but very rusty, and I wanted the experience in doing one. I did buy a rear suspension kit from Yogi's for it and if I had to do another one, I would install an IFS kit.
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 191
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 191
Try this link. It has a great Tech article on the Camaro Clip on 55-59 Task Force. It will answer a lot of your questions.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148978&highlight=56+Chevy+Camaro+Clip


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0