The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 2-Ton, Hugh63c10, Oswald, CuzzFuzz, 1955 1 Series), 61 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,353
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3494 07/22/2004 9:14 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 58
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 58
Hi Guys, I'm sure you have heard this one before but I need advise so here goes. I can't find an original overdrive for my sons 61 1/2 ton pu so I am thinking about using the 5 spd out of an S10 that I found in the local paper for 350 dollars. My question is will this work and whats involved in this swap. Right now the truck has the original three spd. with a hydraulic clutch hung off the right side of the bell housing.What things should I be looking for when I go to this guys house to see the trans. What measuremnts are important to know about, or are there special input shafts needed. Any advise is appreciated and will be put to good use.

Thanks
Tony

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I have never done one but there is a how-to
on the tech tips of this site. Whatch for the
speedo drive. The 88 or 89 up have electric
speedo drive & won,t work unless you have a
custom intrument panel. The price sounds a
little high.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 252
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 252
Tony, I sent you an E-mail. Found an OD tranny for you.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0