| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Steelonsteel, Maybellene, Ponchogl, ESum, Bill Hanlon, Gdads51, TUTS 59),
129
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,124 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 36 | Having trouble with my '37 truck windshield replacement glass cracking.First one I think I cracked by using too thick of a window lace.Second cracked at delivery.Third used thin window lace ,then when almost done another crack.The glass is not too tight it almost looks too loose.Should I not use window lace?The original looked to have lace on it.If not what should I use to seal glass to frame.Any advice?! Thank you in advance !
Last edited by ptc1937chevy; 12/14/2007 5:40 AM.
It's not the speed you travel it's the quality of the trip that matters !!!
| | | | | | ZooKeeper Unregistered | | ZooKeeper Unregistered | I personally like to use THIS STUFF because once the window is set into place it isn't coming out....Joe | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 | When I bought my '37 it arrived with front windshield and both side windows broken...
I got a an old glass guy who has been doing windshields for 35 years to cut my glass and he said to forget about using lacing and gave me a free tube of the same product that zookeeper suggested... I simply filled the groove FULL, then pushed the windshield into the frame on one side and then did the same on the other after filling it too with this stuff...
The glass guy had said to really overfill it and I could trim it later... I did and yes it was quite messy when it was wet, but it seems to have worked... I haven't had ANY issues with the glass cracking again and it seems to be firmly in place...
That's what I would recommend too... I hope it helps!
~Trev | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 70 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 70 | GOOD OLD RTV IT REALLY DOES WORK WELL and on sooooo many things Later Earl | | |
| |
| |