The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gray_Ghost, KEVINSKI, HandyAndy), 131 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,514
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
I am in the process of doing a sad 1929 1.5 truck. The cab was borrowed before I go the truck to do a hot rod. It would be nice to locate a replacement. I am not sure the original engine will be rebuildable. Also, would like to build a pair of adapters to dual out the rear axel. Has anyone got patterns or ideas? If you know of a derelict truck, with a cab available, and can share some ideas on a replacement engine, please help me out.
Thanks, Alan

Last edited by Big Al's; 12/13/2007 7:49 PM. Reason: spelling errors

smile Alan

1947 (early) GMC EC-302 Dump Truck
Jimmy
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Do I understand your right? no cab, bad engine, want a different rear...

What is it about the truck that you do like, or why must you restore a truck that is missing 1/2 the important stuff?

I'm sure it's possible, and you could have a nice 29 truck when done, but I would look for a different more complete project to start with.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
Hello Griggs and thanks for the observation. I also look at this project as a potential dumb thing to do. The end result has no where near the value of other projects I have. However, this project has a bit of sentimental interest for me. I know the history back to new. If I need, I will follow your advice and buy another donor truck in an effort to satisfy my sentmental streak on rebuilding the 1929. I also have a 1922 Dodge touring that I am putting together for the same sentimental reason.....what a hobby. Ideas are always welcome.
Regards, Alan


smile Alan

1947 (early) GMC EC-302 Dump Truck
Jimmy
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0