| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (78buckshot),
112
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,425 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#34717 11/06/2002 2:08 AM | Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 136 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 136 | I need a bracket to mount the alternator on the PASSENGER side of my 350 with short water pump. I have surfed through a pile of catalogs, and am preparing to return the second wrong one to Summit Racing. I can fabricate one, but it takes time, and never looks as nice as the store-bought. Also, can someone give me a contact for buying flange bolts. I don't want to wait until summer car shows where the fastener vendors have anything I could need. | | |
#34718 11/06/2002 6:20 AM | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 259 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 259 | Here's the phone # to a company I purchase all my A/C, Alternator and Power steering brackets from...(913) 837-4368 . The company is called Alan Grove Components, Inc.
Joe
Joe
| | |
#34719 11/06/2002 9:34 PM | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 499 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 499 | Do you have OSH or Orchard Supply Hardware stores in your area? I am continually amazed at the variety of fasteners and hardware these guys carry. Small bearings, bushings, roll pins, inside and out C-clips, snap rings, woodruff keys, seals, o-rings, springs, gasket material and my eyes can't stop spinning. When I'm in any of the local auto parts store I give them hell for having such small selections of bolts, that are usually mixed up. I am not connected with them in way. It's just that in my area, no one store has anything close to their selection. Oh, you wanted bolts. Flange bolts and nuts? Course or metric? I have to say that they did let me down about three weeks ago. I needed a flanged metric bolt for my AC braket 110mm long, they only had them up to 100mm.
'67 GMC 3/4 292 4spd
| | |
#34720 11/06/2002 10:25 PM | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 21 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 21 | Russell, I could be wrong, but I thought that the standard factory power steering bracket could be used for the alternator on the right side of the engine. You would pick one up at a wreckers yard cheap. It might depend on the year of the 350 and what type of pump though. Mid to late 60's was ok. Bob | | |
#34721 11/07/2002 12:14 AM | Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 136 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 136 | Use of the power steering bracket sounds too easy. I expect the power steering bracket bolts to the front motor mount holes, which I am currently using for motor mounts. I fabricated a bracket which bolts to the head for my power steering pump, so the only room left is on the right. I don't care for the space-age brackets which mount everything up high.
Regarding flange bolts, there are no Orchard Supply Hardware stores around here that I'm aware of. All the auto parts stores in town (we have one of every variety, plus several regional chains) and hardware stores don't carry them, and say it is a special order (read expensive ) to get them. | | |
| |
| |