The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (carbking, DaveV, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,427
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 136
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 136
I need a bracket to mount the alternator on the PASSENGER side of my 350 with short water pump. I have surfed through a pile of catalogs, and am preparing to return the second wrong one to Summit Racing. I can fabricate one, but it takes time, and never looks as nice as the store-bought. Also, can someone give me a contact for buying flange bolts. I don't want to wait until summer car shows where the fastener vendors have anything I could need.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
Here's the phone # to a company I purchase all my A/C, Alternator and Power steering brackets from...(913) 837-4368 . The company is called Alan Grove Components, Inc.

Joe


Joe
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 499
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 499
Do you have OSH or Orchard Supply Hardware stores in your area? I am continually amazed at the variety of fasteners and hardware these guys carry. Small bearings, bushings, roll pins, inside and out C-clips, snap rings, woodruff keys, seals, o-rings, springs, gasket material and my eyes can't stop spinning. When I'm in any of the local auto parts store I give them hell for having such small selections of bolts, that are usually mixed up.
I am not connected with them in way. It's just that in my area, no one store has anything close to their selection.
Oh, you wanted bolts. Flange bolts and nuts?
Course or metric? I have to say that they did let me down about three weeks ago. I needed a flanged metric bolt for my AC braket 110mm long, they only had them up to 100mm.


'67 GMC 3/4 292 4spd
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 21
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 21
Russell, I could be wrong, but I thought that the standard factory power steering bracket could be used for the alternator on the right side of the engine. You would pick one up at a wreckers yard cheap. It might depend on the year of the 350 and what type of pump though. Mid to late 60's was ok.
Bob

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 136
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 136
Use of the power steering bracket sounds too easy. I expect the power steering bracket bolts to the front motor mount holes, which I am currently using for motor mounts. I fabricated a bracket which bolts to the head for my power steering pump, so the only room left is on the right. I don't care for the space-age brackets which mount everything up high.

Regarding flange bolts, there are no Orchard Supply Hardware stores around here that I'm aware of. All the auto parts stores in town (we have one of every variety, plus several regional chains) and hardware stores don't carry them, and say it is a special order (read expensive ) to get them.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0