| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 6 | I was givin a 1965 chevy c -10 and It has a very strong 403 olds in it any idea about this engine??
why does it always happen to me??
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Fantastic engine. It has all the durability of the olds engines & is the small block like the 350. It is great for swaps because it,s not as heavy or bulky as the 455,s. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 | I had a 63 C20 with a Olds 350, TH400, and 4.10 Detroit Locker rear axle. It was quick, but the mpg sucked. That engine was not meant to turn high rpm, it was made for a luxury car low rpm and quiet. It did have a problem, the starter sat behind the exhaust manifold and on long trips it wouldn't start after I filled up with gas, till it cooled off.
Larry
Last edited by LGriffin; 12/04/2007 10:29 PM.
I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | I don't know about the later Olds engines but when I was in HS I had a 56' 88 engine in my 40 F*&D. The starter was on the streetside and had to be swung over top the curbside with a special adaptor as it interfered with the steering gear. Not a fun deal but was very strong runner. I also think that the transmissions you put up to them must have the BOP bolt pattern so Chevy trannys/bellhousings are out. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Yeah Dave I had a 57 olds in a 48 Chevy business coupe back in the early 60s that was fun to drive. Memories, memories... I can still smell that perfume... (high octane Betty Jean)
~Jim
| | |
| |
| |