| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,413 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 141 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 141 | Hello, After a lot of time and effort i stripped and cleaned the rust from the rear differential, the leaf springs, the axle, and the driveshaft. Since they are now nice and clean I wanted to protect them. What is the best method to protect them ...should I paint them? thanks, brian | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I like things all tidy so I vote to paint them OR use some Por15 on them as it is resistant to chipping and will help in the rust prevention catagory......but as always, to each his own! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 141 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 141 | Achipmunk thanks for the vote! I can't wait to see an updated phot of that 52 panel. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | On mine I used epoxy primer and Dupont industrial black. Of course you could always have them powder coated a bright orange. That would be cool! 
~Jim
| | |
| |
| |