The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Forty9), 176 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,180
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#337008 11/14/2007 12:22 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 28
N
Apprentice
Apprentice
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 28
Hi,
When I got my Chevy c10 it had some different lights added on the back with a flat bed. I now baught the full bed, put it on, I have been trying to get the wiring worked out. I saw on my friends truck (he has a 65 c10 also) that there are three wires running back. I am wondering are there two grounds and one power or two power and one ground. I am thinking possibly there are two power and one ground that goes from the left side light to the right side light. Any help would be great, a pic would be great also. thanks.


[url=http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/dennis_nathan_1965.html]1965 Chevrolet C-10[url]
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
I don't have a wiring diagram for your truck but I doubt if any of those wires is a ground. The usual 3-wire set-up is:
1. tail lights (connected to the light switch)
2. left blinker/stop light
3. right blinker/stop light

The ground for all these is the bulb housings which are grounded to the bed of the truck.

These can be easily identified with a 12 volt trouble light you can buy at any parts house.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Waldo is correct. You can buy flat 3or 4 wire cable used for trailers at any parts store. It works good for that. Brown is tail/marker lights. Yellow is left turn. Green is right turn. 4 wire has a white wire that can be used for a ground or back up lights. Be shure you have a ground wire from the frame to the bed.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0