The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (frogfarmer, Steelonsteel, Gray_Ghost, TUTS 59, 2 invisible), 176 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,268
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#335410 11/10/2007 1:26 AM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 116
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 116
As winter approaches, it's getting too cold to paint in an unheated shop. I have a lot of small pieces that I could prep for paint, etc. in my large shop in the house. I can't really bring my compressor and paint gun there, so I'm wondering if anyone knows whether a good 2K primer is available in rattle cans that I could use to get these smaller parts ready for paint in the spring/summer. If so, do you have a product name? Is it available at NAPA, etc.? Will it be compatible with later paint applications? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Thanks!

Jim

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
Hi Jim,

I don't know if it a 2K primer, but I've painted all my parts with NAPA self etching prinmer. $4.99 a can, sprays great. Holds ANY paint on like glue, never EVER had a problem with it. Once I decided I wanted to changed a color of something I painted, I used my cab. blaster to remove the paint, but the ptimer stayed on for the most part. The only way to remove it is by wash/soaking in Laquer thinner.

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...scription=Spray+Paint+-+Specialty+Primer

Last edited by V-6 Fix Modelman; 11/10/2007 1:15 PM.

1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 116
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 116
Dear Modelman,

Thanks for the reply. I have also used self-etching primer on such occasions in the past and it seemed to do the trick. BUT, I have more recently read (I think on this forum) some posts from some expert body guys that you should never use self-etching primer for a good final paint job; your experience seems to contradict such advice. Not being an expert or very experienced in all of this, I would like to hear more from others who are the experts.

Thanks again!

Yours,

Jim


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0